Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Phonecall

Yesterday was too emotional to talk to anyone but Danial.  I messaged my brothers, sisters and parents on Facebook and gave them a brief explanation of what we had learned.  This morning Danial took the kids to the 4th of July breakfast at the church.  During this time Mom and Dad called.  In the beginning of that conversation it was all I could do but cry and throughout, many tears were shed by all 3 of us.  For the next hour and a half we discussed all that was taking place, the great concern that was being felt, and what was needed.  Dad mentioned that they were willing to come up if that is what I would like. I held back in the moment not stating how badly I wanted them here.  I would later call Dad back and tell him how much it would mean to me if they were to come.  I needed them, both of them.  I later received a text stating that they would be on their way tomorrow afternoon (Friday) and they would be here Saturday.  Once again the tears came uncontrollably.

I have spent most of the day alone.  After Danial and the kids came back from the breakfast, they headed out for a bike ride, came home and decorated cookies to look like American flags, and then headed to our good friends house, the Ramsey's, for dinner and fireworks.  As much as I would have like to be a part of the festivities of the day,  I needed this time to be by myself and process all that was happening and could possibly happen.  Never have I been so grateful for bed rest.

I have continued to receive messages of love & concern from my siblings and was told that a family fast would take place this Sunday in mine and Brooklyn's behalf.  Just knowing that I am in their thoughts and prayers has been a great comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment