Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lights, Sirens, Action

For the last few days I've been counting down the hours and minutes till Monday would get here, knowing that it would come with answers.   Tomorrow was going to be the "Big Day".  Well evidently today wanted to be a "Big Day" too.  When I woke this morning at 5:30 to take my meds all was well and I went back to bed.  When I woke again at 7:50 to go to the bathroom,  I had started to bleed.  I tried to "KIT" as my sister would say (Keep It Together) and quickly went to wake up Danial and my parents.

It was decided that it was best because we weren't sure of how bad things were that I should go by ambulance.  Danial called 911 and within less than 2 minutes we had 2 medics and 2 fire firefighters standing in our living room assessing the situation.  We got  me positioned on the gurney and off we went to Valley Medical Center.

In route I was able to get a hold of my Dr. and fill her in of what was happening.  She then called the hospital to let the on call Dr. know of the situation.  When I arrived they were ready for the worst and had everything prepped just in case.  Thankfully after doing their own assessment it was determined that the bleeding had stopped and that I was stable.  They got me hooked up to the monitors to make sure that Brooklyn was doing ok.  The ultra sound and the monitor both showed that she was doing great.   Huge sigh of relief for this mom.  They decided that it was best to start the steroids to speed up her lung develop.

For the rest of the day it has been pretty quiet.   I have been admitted and will for sure stay overnight so that they can continue to monitor both of us.  I will be seen by my doctor first thing tomorrow morning and a new game plan will be put into place.

The thought "Be Still" has continued to come to me throughout today.  What could have been extremely overwhelming has been accompanied with an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort once again.

3 comments:

  1. Natalie, I am thinking of you. Hang in there this baby is meant to be. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let us know what we can do to help. you are in good hands. god bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are in good hands until you get further answers and details on what the future holds for delivery time :)

    ReplyDelete