Friday, July 5, 2013

Telling the kids

This morning I called the Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic to see if I could get the appointment scheduled for the ultra sound, however the Dr hadn't reviewed my file.  As soon as he does they will call with an appointment time.

Today was spent getting the house ready for Mom and Dad's arrival.  It has been a pretty calm day.
We finally told the kids this morning that they were coming.  At which point we also decided that it was time that they knew the severity of my situation.  We didn't sugar coat any of it.  We explained in detail the condition that I had and the risks of life that comes with it.  We showed them a news article of a mother in Utah who recently passed away due to complications from the exact conditions that I have.  She too was giving birth to her 6th child.  Up until now we have not felt it necessary to worry them with exact details of Placenta Previa, but now that we have  Placenta Accreta this changes everything because of the life threatening complications that come with it.

The kids are so excited to see Momma Jan and Papa Tom they can hardly stand it.  EmmaLee asks about every 5 minutes if they are here yet.  Tonight they will have a sleep over at Gramma Sharon's to help pass the time until my parents arrive.

The Dr. never did call back :(

No comments:

Post a Comment